Afzal Guru hanging: Man injured in police firing dies
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A man has been injured allegedly in security forces action against persons staging protest against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru died today.
Ubaid Mushtaq, who was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district yesterday, succumbed to injuries at 3 am at a hospital here, Medical Superintendent of SKIMS Hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
He said the other injured youth – Sajad Ahmad, who was hit by a bullet in the head – is on life support system.
A youth drowned in central Kashmir Ganderbal district yesterday while allegedly being chased away by security forces during a protest against hanging of Guru.
However, a police spokesman denied the allegation, saying the youth drowned after a boat capsized in the river.
So far, 50 persons, including 23 policemen, have been injured in protests across the Valley in the wake of hanging of the Parliament attack convict.