Afzal Guru hanging: Man injured in police firing dies
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A man has been injured allegedly in security forces action against persons staging protest against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru died today.
Ubaid Mushtaq, who was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district yesterday, succumbed to injuries at 3 am at a hospital here, Medical Superintendent of SKIMS Hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
He said the other injured youth – Sajad Ahmad, who was hit by a bullet in the head – is on life support system.
A youth drowned in central Kashmir Ganderbal district yesterday while allegedly being chased away by security forces during a protest against hanging of Guru.
However, a police spokesman denied the allegation, saying the youth drowned after a boat capsized in the river.
So far, 50 persons, including 23 policemen, have been injured in protests across the Valley in the wake of hanging of the Parliament attack convict.