Afzal Guru hanging: Man injured in police firing dies
A man has been injured allegedly in security forces action against persons staging protest against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru died today.
Ubaid Mushtaq, who was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district yesterday, succumbed to injuries at 3 am at a hospital here, Medical Superintendent of SKIMS Hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
He said the other injured youth – Sajad Ahmad, who was hit by a bullet in the head – is on life support system.
A youth drowned in central Kashmir Ganderbal district yesterday while allegedly being chased away by security forces during a protest against hanging of Guru.
However, a police spokesman denied the allegation, saying the youth drowned after a boat capsized in the river.
So far, 50 persons, including 23 policemen, have been injured in protests across the Valley in the wake of hanging of the Parliament attack convict.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’