Afzal Guru hanging: Separatist leaders placed under house arrest in Delhi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chiefs of both factions of Hurriyat Conference – Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umer Farooq – were today placed under house arrest in the national capital as a preventive measure following the hanging of Afzal Guru in the Parliament attack case.
While Geelani was here for medical treatment, the Mirwaiz was camping in the national capital trying to secure a passport so that he can go to Egypt for attending the Organisation of Islamic Conference.
Official sources said that policemen restricted the exit of any family member of both the separatist leaders residing in South Delhi.
Both the factions have given strike call to protest against the execution.