Afzal Guru hanging: Shot by paramilitary forces, Ubaid Mushtaq succumbs to injuries
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Ubaid's father is mason by profession and met an accident two months ago at his work place and later spent around 45 days at Sher-e- Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS).
Locals said that when Ubaid's body was laid to rest, his father watched his burial in silence.
"His family is in deep shock, especially his father watched his burial saliently," said his neighbor Javid Ahmad. "The family came to know about his injury an hour after he was hit with bullets. He (Ubaid) was coming from his orchard when the CRPF jawans opened fire on a small group of protestors at marker and then they escaped."
Javid said that neighbors took Ubaid to the Baramulla hospital where from he was referred to Srinagar.
"Though doctors tried to save his life but succumbed at 3 am." Another relative, Abdul Rashid blamed the CRPF for opening fire without any provocation. "It was a small protest and could have handled easily, but, the CRPF men opened fire injuries six youths," he said.