Afzal Guru hanging unfortunate: Yasin Malik
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
Separatist JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik has said it was very unfortunate that Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's mercy petition was dismissed and he was hanged in secrecy.
Guru had a Constitutional and legal right to go again to the court after the dismissal of the mercy petition but he was not not given that opportunity, he told a local daily during his current trip to Pakistan.
Malik said the mindset that killed the Gandhi had led to the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Only Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and RSS demanded that Guru should be hanged. Was the decision of sending Guru to the gallows taken to satisfy the conscience of these extremists? This is the same idelogy and same people who killed Gandhi," he said.