Afzal Guru hanging unfortunate: Yasin Malik
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Separatist JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik has said it was very unfortunate that Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's mercy petition was dismissed and he was hanged in secrecy.
Guru had a Constitutional and legal right to go again to the court after the dismissal of the mercy petition but he was not not given that opportunity, he told a local daily during his current trip to Pakistan.
Malik said the mindset that killed the Gandhi had led to the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Only Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and RSS demanded that Guru should be hanged. Was the decision of sending Guru to the gallows taken to satisfy the conscience of these extremists? This is the same idelogy and same people who killed Gandhi," he said.