Afzal Guru hanging unfortunate: Yasin Malik
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Separatist JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik has said it was very unfortunate that Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's mercy petition was dismissed and he was hanged in secrecy.
Guru had a Constitutional and legal right to go again to the court after the dismissal of the mercy petition but he was not not given that opportunity, he told a local daily during his current trip to Pakistan.
Malik said the mindset that killed the Gandhi had led to the hanging of Afzal Guru.
"Only Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and RSS demanded that Guru should be hanged. Was the decision of sending Guru to the gallows taken to satisfy the conscience of these extremists? This is the same idelogy and same people who killed Gandhi," he said.