Afzal Guru should be hanged on Dec 13: BJP
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Two days ahead of the 11th anniversary of Parliament terror attack, BJP on Tuesday demanded that convict Afzal Guru be hanged on December 13 itself to pay the best homage to martyrs of the 2001 strike.
"If the government hangs Afzal Guru on December 13 itself, there cannot be anything better to pay homage to the martyrs of the December 13 attack on Parliament...It should hang the attacker of Parliament during the session of the House," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He was replying to a question on Guru whose mercy petition is pending with the government.
"BJP demands that the government should not consider vote or election politics and it should not even think that someone will raise the issue in Parliament if he is hanged," Hussain said.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had yesterday said files pertaining to mercy pleas of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru and six others will be looked into after the ongoing Winter Session of Parliament.
Guru was sentenced to death for the 2001 Parliament attack in which nine people, including security force personnel, were killed and 16 were injured.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties