Afzal Guru's body should be handed over to family: Sharad Yadav
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Janata Dal(U) president Sharad Yadav today said it would be appropriate for the government to hand over the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who was hanged till death on February 9, to his family.
"It is my personal opinion that Guru's body should be handed over to his family as it is their legal right," Yadav told mediapersons here.
Alleging that the government did not handle the issue with the sensitivity involved in such a matter, he said when 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab's family was informed about his hanging in advance, then why was Guru's family not told about it on time?
The NDA convener also took a dig at the government for sending the information about Guru's hanging to his family members through speed post that reached them after his execution.
In such matters it is the right of the family to know about the execution in advance, he said.