Afzal Guru's hanging a 'barbaric violation' of rights: NHRC member
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A member of the National Human Rights Commission today termed the hanging of Parliament attack case convict as 'barbaric violation' of human rights of not only him but the entire family.
NHRC Member Satyabrata Pal also said the family of Guru should have been allowed to visit him before he was hanged in Tihar Jail on February 9.
He said his views should not be taken as the opinion of the NHRC as he was voicing his personal opinion.
"Death penalty is an abomination in a democracy and Afzal Guru's hanging is a barbaric violation of human rights. It is not only violation of his rights but that of his entire family," he said.