Afzalís last letter reaches his home
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The family of Afzal Guru on Tuesday evening received another speed post that contained the last letter Afzal had written to his wife. Guru had handed over the letter to Tihar jail officials minutes before he was executed.
The speed post in the name of Guru's wife, Tabassum, was delivered to the family around 5:30 pm at his village Jagir Doabgah by the officials of Sopore Postal Department. "Yes there was a speed post article that was delivered to the family at 5.30 pm. It was posted from Delhi yesterday at 4.30 pm and delivered today at Afzal Guru's house,'' said J&K's Chief Post Master General John Samuel.
Sources said the letter, written in Urdu, was received by the family members and then handed over to Afzal's wife. The family declined to share its contents. "It is a personal letter and privacy should be respected," said Yasin Guru, Afzal's cousin.