Afzalís last letter reaches his home
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
The family of Afzal Guru on Tuesday evening received another speed post that contained the last letter Afzal had written to his wife. Guru had handed over the letter to Tihar jail officials minutes before he was executed.
The speed post in the name of Guru's wife, Tabassum, was delivered to the family around 5:30 pm at his village Jagir Doabgah by the officials of Sopore Postal Department. "Yes there was a speed post article that was delivered to the family at 5.30 pm. It was posted from Delhi yesterday at 4.30 pm and delivered today at Afzal Guru's house,'' said J&K's Chief Post Master General John Samuel.
Sources said the letter, written in Urdu, was received by the family members and then handed over to Afzal's wife. The family declined to share its contents. "It is a personal letter and privacy should be respected," said Yasin Guru, Afzal's cousin.