Agarkar returns from injury to lead Mumbai against Punjab
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
Fit-again Ajit Agarkar will lead Mumbai against Group A toppers, Punjab in the Ranji Trophy league match at the Wankhede Stadium here from December 8-11.
Agarkar missed the side's previous three games after picking up an injury in the season-opener against Railways, at the same venue.
In the upcoming game, Mumbai would also be bolstered by the availability of Ajinkya Rahane, who has been released from the national team, which is presently battling against England in the third Test at the Eden Gardens.
In a major revamp to the side that drew the last match against Bengal after earning the first innings points, Mumbai have also brought in young seam bowlers, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (jr) and Shardul Thakur, besides attacking batsman Suryakumar Yadav and all rounder Iqbal Abdullah.
The team: Ajit Agarkar (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Kaustubh Pawar, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Suryakumar Yadav, Aditya Tare, Ramesh Powar, Ankit Chavan, Iqbal Abdullah, Dhaval Kulkarni, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (jr) and Shardul Thakur.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.