Age no bar
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
The biggest achievement for the septuagenarian was when she roped in legendary singers Lata Mangeshkar and Pandit Jasraj to sing for her film. "Lataji said, 'Tu direct kartes na. Mee gaayeen' (Since you shall be directing, I shall sign for you). As for Panditji, he was a little apprehensive as he has never sung in Marathi. Finally, he agreed to do it. I am grateful to both," she says.
When asked how is the film faring at the box-office, she admits candidly that the initial reports are okay. She is however glad that she helmed a movie at the age of 73.
On the personal front, Madhura has always had the support of her family. She says that her father V. Shantaram and husband Pandit Jasraj, eminent personalities in their own right, always knew that she had all the makings of a filmmaker. "Marriage and kids kept me busy for a very long time," she said. However when her children - music director Sharang and actress Durga Jasraj - grew up, Madhura got back to work. She directed documentaries and kid's plays. She also directed and produced critically-acclaimed ballets Geet Govind, Kaan Kahaani and Surdas. Her most popular series on TV was Faster Phene which marked the debut of actor Sumeet Raghavan.
Madhura is proud to have learnt everything about filmmaking from her great father. As a kid, she would go on the sets of her father's films every Saturday after school and would keenly observe him.
Later she directed a film based on his work titled Portrait Of A Pioneer, which was released in 1990 after he passed away. "He had seen some of it," she recalls. Prior to that, she had penned his biography Shantarama in 1985.
Madhura says that one thing that has stayed with her is what he had told her when she was confused while working on Faster Phene.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore