Agnelís sink Indian Gym in thriller
- Election LIVE: Will Kejriwal take on Modi? Announcement likely at Bangalore rally today
- Missing flight MH370: Pilot suicide a taboo topic in past crash probes
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
Fr. Agnel's, Vashi resisted a stiff challenge from Indian Gymkhana to snatch a thrilling two-point win in extra time, in a boys under-20 league tie, in the 10th Nagpada Basketball Association Invitational Tournament, at the Bachookhan Municipal Playground, Nagpada on Tuesday.
The trio of Israel, Rushabh and Sagar raised Indian Gymkhana's hopes of a win till the last seconds of the fourth and final quarter before stretching the contest into extra time. The neck-and-neck battle continued in the added five minutes before Agnel's snatched a 77-75 win, after the teams were locked at 63-63 at the end of regulation time.
Agnel's, who led by a slender 47-42 margin at half-time, were spearheaded by Vaishak who top scored with 29 points, while Rahul added 18.
Willingdon YMCA trounced Nagpada Basketball Association 'B' 59-16 to coast to their second win in as many ties in the mini boys' league. In the men's league, Bandra YMCA also surged to their second win in as many outings with a narrow 59-49 win over Jump Ball, Chembur.
Results: Mini Boys: GKP 27 (P. Kande 12) bt IES 4. Willingdon YMCA 35 (Arman Khan 9, Tabish Qureshi 8) bt St. Joseph's, Wadala 18 (Varun Trihant 8. Willingdon YMCA 59 (Tabish Qureshi 24, Ibrahim 20) bt NBA 'B' 16. Boys U-20: Fr. Agnel's 77 (Vaishak 29, Rahul 18) bt Indian Gym 75 (Israel F 14, Rushabh K. 12, Sagar C. 12). HT: 47-42. Men: Bandra YMCA 59 (Paramjit Singh 15, Samson Sandhu 16) bt Jump Ball, Chembur 49 (Stanley Monteiro 25). HT: 34-17.