Agnelís sink Indian Gym in thriller
- After meeting with India, Pakistan says Kashmir remains core issue
- Behind the chest thumping, India and Pak work through quieter channels to improve ties
- BJP seeks to corner govt over VVIP chopper scam, Ishrat Jahan case
- Rajya Sabha disrupted yet again over JNU row and Uttarakhand crisis
- PM Modi, Amit Shah decided RS list, Swamy made the cut with National Herald case
Fr. Agnel's, Vashi resisted a stiff challenge from Indian Gymkhana to snatch a thrilling two-point win in extra time, in a boys under-20 league tie, in the 10th Nagpada Basketball Association Invitational Tournament, at the Bachookhan Municipal Playground, Nagpada on Tuesday.
The trio of Israel, Rushabh and Sagar raised Indian Gymkhana's hopes of a win till the last seconds of the fourth and final quarter before stretching the contest into extra time. The neck-and-neck battle continued in the added five minutes before Agnel's snatched a 77-75 win, after the teams were locked at 63-63 at the end of regulation time.
Agnel's, who led by a slender 47-42 margin at half-time, were spearheaded by Vaishak who top scored with 29 points, while Rahul added 18.
Willingdon YMCA trounced Nagpada Basketball Association 'B' 59-16 to coast to their second win in as many ties in the mini boys' league. In the men's league, Bandra YMCA also surged to their second win in as many outings with a narrow 59-49 win over Jump Ball, Chembur.
- Judiciary is part of the problem of judicial vacancy and case pendency
- Inter-linking of rivers holds the key to addressing water scarcity
- Those who pay surge prices for buses for 13 days should not object to taxi aggregators
- Democracy in India, affirmed through elections, is pushing Muslims to the margins
- Stories of greed and inability to see the big picture in election-time Bengal
- A neat separation of poverty estimates and entitlements won’t pass muster