Agra literature festival in February
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
To revive the literature scene in Uttar Pradesh and the Braj region, enthusiasts have come together to organise the first Taj Literature Festival in Agra. To be held between February 1-3, 2013, the event will be attended by Ruskin Bond, Shobhaa De and Preeti Shenoy among others.
"From ancient times Uttar Pradesh has been on a firm ground when it comes to literature. We have had Amir Khusrau, Mirza Ghalib, Surdas, Mir Taqi Mir...the list is endless. But, in the modern times, the written word has become dormant in northern India, especially among the youth," said chief organiser Harvijay Singh Bahia, who came up with the idea. He, along with a few other friends, has been working for the past three months to make the festival a success.
The festival, being organised in Saint Peter's College campus in Agra, will also feature Muzzafar Ali, Amish Tripathi, Ashok Kumar Banker, Surendra Sharma. "Ruskin Bond will deliver a lecture and hold workshops," added organiser Ashok Jain, CA.