Agra literature festival in February
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
To revive the literature scene in Uttar Pradesh and the Braj region, enthusiasts have come together to organise the first Taj Literature Festival in Agra. To be held between February 1-3, 2013, the event will be attended by Ruskin Bond, Shobhaa De and Preeti Shenoy among others.
"From ancient times Uttar Pradesh has been on a firm ground when it comes to literature. We have had Amir Khusrau, Mirza Ghalib, Surdas, Mir Taqi Mir...the list is endless. But, in the modern times, the written word has become dormant in northern India, especially among the youth," said chief organiser Harvijay Singh Bahia, who came up with the idea. He, along with a few other friends, has been working for the past three months to make the festival a success.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress