Agra literature festival in February
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
To revive the literature scene in Uttar Pradesh and the Braj region, enthusiasts have come together to organise the first Taj Literature Festival in Agra. To be held between February 1-3, 2013, the event will be attended by Ruskin Bond, Shobhaa De and Preeti Shenoy among others.
"From ancient times Uttar Pradesh has been on a firm ground when it comes to literature. We have had Amir Khusrau, Mirza Ghalib, Surdas, Mir Taqi Mir...the list is endless. But, in the modern times, the written word has become dormant in northern India, especially among the youth," said chief organiser Harvijay Singh Bahia, who came up with the idea. He, along with a few other friends, has been working for the past three months to make the festival a success.
The festival, being organised in Saint Peter's College campus in Agra, will also feature Muzzafar Ali, Amish Tripathi, Ashok Kumar Banker, Surendra Sharma. "Ruskin Bond will deliver a lecture and hold workshops," added organiser Ashok Jain, CA.