Agra school owner held for ‘objectionable post’ on Facebook
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
The Agra police arrested owner of a private school for allegedly posting objectionable remarks against a religion on a social networking website on Monday. The accused was produced before the court and was sent to jail today.
Agra Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey said that Sanjay Chaudhary, a civil engineer and resident of Dayalbagh locality in New Agra area who runs Dev Public School at Shastri Nagar locality, was arrested last night for posting inflammatory comments against a religion and a community on Facebook. He had written a page on the Facebook wall making such remarks against the religion which could have disturbed communal harmony.
The police raided Chaudhary's place after they were informed in this regard and seized his laptop, data-card and SIM before arresting him.
The accused was also questioned about his intention behind posting such objectionable comments, but he could not give any convincing reply, confirmed the SSP.
Chaudhary was arrested on charges of promoting enmity between different groups of religion and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony besides under IT Act, added Dubey. The SSP said that they had also found cartoons of several politicians on Chaudhary's facebook wall, but he has been arrested on charges of making inflammatory remarks against a religion and a community.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota