Agriculture Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil demands CISF deployment at Shirdi temple
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil has written a letter to the Union Home Ministry requesting to hand over Sai Baba temple's security to the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
There is a threat to the famous shrine from the terrorists since the past eight years and present police security as wellas temple's private security is inadequate, Vikhe-Patil, who is the MLA from Shirdi Assembly constituency, said here yesterday.
It has been observed that proper checking is not being done by the security men at the entrance gates and even the CCTV cameras installed in the premises are not being properly monitored, he said.
Considering the heavy rush of devotees, with nearly two crore people from all over India and abroad visiting the shrine annually, proper security like CISF is required, the minister said.
It has been noted that the present security men sometimes indulge in altercation with devotees and allow them to carry mobile phones inside the temple premises, he added.
According to Shirdi Sansthan trust's executive officer Kishor More there are 44 policemen deployed for temple security at a time, including 15 armed police personnel at its five gates and 12 Rapid Action Force jawans.
The trust at present has 787 security employees, including 44 policemen, More added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express