Ahead of match, 1,500 cops deployed around PCA Stadium
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
With the day of thematch between India and England coming closer, the security in and around the PCA Stadium has been beefed up. Around 1,500 police personnel have been appointed to maintain decorum during the match.
Police personnel have been appointed for every gate of the stadium. The SP (Superintendentnt of Police) Swarandeep Singh confirmed that the road from phase 7 to the stadium has been blocked and spectators have to came via NIPER. Also traffic movement between phase 11 to phase 7 has been blocked.
Adding to this, he also said that the roads between Sector 61 to Sector 65 have also been blocked.
Parking facilities for VIPs have been given in the hockey stadium for the spectators entering from gate 1, 3, 4 etc. The other parking facilities have been made in the Dussehra Ground, LIC ground and in the parking areas of the nearby markets.
Nearby residents have been given passes to enter the locality in order to avoid inconvenience to the residents. A large number of police personnel were seen at the spot, regulating traffic and for security reasons.
Along with the Mohali police, police forces from Chandigarh, Morinda, Kharar and other regions of Punjab are being appointed for the task.