Ahead of strike, ICSE reschedules three exams
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
To avoid inconvenience to students due to a nationwide trade union bandh on February 20 and 21, the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) board has rescheduled three papers of ISC (class XII) board exams.
Three papers, art paper III, environmental science paper I and environmental education paper 1, scheduled on February 20 and 21 are now rescheduled to February 25 and April 1.
"We had received requests from heads of various schools from across the country since the bandh was announced. Following a meeting we were of the opinion that we should not take any chances," said Gerry Arathoon, chief executive and secretary of Council for ICSE.
While ICSE has rescheduled the examinations, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) Monday announced it will not reschedule the exams as there are chances the bandh would be called off.
The HSC exams will start from February 21.
"I don't think there is any necessity to reschedule the February 21 exam as of now. The bandh would be called off it seems. Infact rescheduling exam will lead to chaos," said Sarjerao Jadhav, Chairman of MSBSHSE.