Ahhh! Women feel noise makes sex better
- 20 Indians killed by Saudi-led air strikes on Yemen's Hodeidah port: Reports
- Rakesh Maria to head Sheena murder case till probe is completed
- Smriti hits back on 'hawaa baazi' remark by Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi asks industry to take risk, invest; India Inc wants rate cut
- Sheena case: Sanjeev Khanna moves application over 'illegal' detention
An overwhelming 92 per cent of women in a survey admitted they moan and scream in bed because they think it makes sex better.
The women questioned by researchers at Leeds University said they felt vocalisation boosted their partner's self-esteem to perform well and so give more pleasure to both, the Sun reported.
Men find it easier to climax if their lovers do a lot of panting and moaning and 87 per cent of women quizzed said they used noise deliberately for that purpose.
The women also said their own pleasure was enhanced if they thought their partner was.
A poll of 1,171 people by sex toy retailer Lovehoney.co.uk also found that women were far noisier than men generally during sex.
Sex expert Tracey Cox suggested that women might feel pressured to make more noise to show evidence they are enjoying themselves.
There's no scientific explanation to why women are noisier, it tends to be an individual thing, she said.