Ahluwalia ‘wrote’ thanks giving note to Makkar from hospital
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Terming the accusations of malafide levelled by suspended vice-chancellor Jasbir Singh Ahluwalia as misfounded, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University and University Chancellor Avtar Singh Makkar on Tuesday produced before the Punjab and Haryana High Court a thanks giving letter allegedly written to him by Ahluwalia.
Referring to the letter, reportedly written by Ahluwalia while he was hospitalised, counsel for the university submitted that initially Ahluwalia had no grouse against Makkar. "It was only after Ahluwalia was suspended that he started levelleing allegations against Makkar," said the counsel. On the last date of hearing, the university had turned down Ahluwalia's "offer" to resign in lieu of the varsity withdrawing its inquiry against him.