Shakeel Ahmed's remarks: MP minister sends Advani's book to Sonia
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Criticising the comments made by Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that BJP veteran L K Advani should have stayed back in Pakistan to serve Hindus there, a minister in Madhya Pradesh has sent a copy Advani's book to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
While sending the copy of Advani's autobiography 'My Country My Life' to Gandhi yesterday, state industries and commerce minister Kailash Vijayawargia urged that senior Congress leaders should also read it to know Advani's true
"Shakeel Ahmed's comment is also an insult to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, as they were also of foreign origin," the Minister said.
Ahmed's comments, made on February 3, were also criticised by the BJP which had said that this goes against all norms of propriety and decency.
"The comment made by Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmad Khan about Advani is not only condemnable but also beyond all standards of political propriety. BJP would like to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi whether Khan represents the official view of their
party," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad had said on Monday.