AIADMK wants probe into 'irregularities' during Congress regime
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Opposition AIADMK today demanded an enquiry into various 'scams' during the previous Congress regime, either in reportedly favouring rice mill owners to procure rice for PDS or in implementing welfare schemes.
Party's local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA said Chief Minister N Rangasamy himself had gone on record to state that the previous Congress regime had indulged in scandalous practices in paying additional price to mill owners for procurement and also in construction of houses for the poor.
On the recent AINRC rally to demand statehood to the union territory, he said Rangasamy would do well to seek cooperation and help of AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to persuade the Centre for grant of statehood as she had achieved success in all her moves. Anbalagan alleged Rangasamy had not taken any steps to focus the rights of Karaikal region in the Cauvery water system and pointed out that Jayalalithaa's sustained efforts had led to the gazette notification of the final award of the Cauvery River Water dispute Tribunal's award. Alleging that Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy was blocking flow of funds from the Centre to Puducherry as stated by Rangasamy himself, he said the Chief Minister was also at fault as he should have strongly criticised the Centre for its 'step motherly' approach towards Non Congress ruled states.