Pak attack un-Islamic and barbaric: Muslim scholars' body
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
A group of intellectuals and scholars from Muslim community has condemned the ghastly killing of two soldiers by Pakistani troops near the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, terming it as "un-Islamic" .
At a meeting today, the Forum for Muslim Studies and Analysis (FMSA) passed a resolution describing the January 8 incident as "un-Islamic and barbaric", its secretary Jasim Mohammad said in a statement.
The resolution noted that Islam had stringent guidelines on soldierly conduct during war and concluded that the Pakistan army had thus grossly violated those principles through their inhuman treatment of the bodies of the slain jawans.
Jasim observed that if the civilian government in Pakistan was sincere in its search for peace with India, then it should identify and punish the perpetrators of the brutal act.
The statement called for all peace-loving people, especially those in Islamic countries who stand for "justice and humane behaviour" to strongly condemn Pakistan for the act.
The meeting was attended by several prominent scholars from the Aligarh Muslim University, among others, Professor Humayun Murad, former Dean in the Faculty of Science and Dr Md Shahid, the elected representative of the university's teachers in the its Executive Council.