Air India likely to register cash positive this financial year
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The government was also considering a voluntary retirement scheme, targeting about 5,000 Air India employees including those in its wholly-owned subsidiaries like Alliance Air and those concerning engineering and ground handling services, the sources said.