'Air India sees rise, registers growth in passenger revenue'
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Air India performance has improved for the first time in several years with the national carrier registering growth in passenger revenue and load factor, Minister of State for Civil Aviation K C Venugopal said today.
In a written reply to a question on Air India's performance in the Rajya Sabha, the Minister informed that the airline's operating performance during April-September quarter of this year has improved in comparison to the corresponding period in 2011. "The passenger revenue has gone up by Rs 328.88 crore, an improvement of 6.1 per cent, yield has improved from Rs 3.43 per kilometres to Rs 4.31 per kilometres and the load factor has improved from 69.3 per cent to 70.9 per cent," Venugopal said.
In reply to a separate question, the Minister informed the House that an incident similar to the 2010 Air India Express plane crash was averted at Mangalore airport recently.
He said government has classified the occurrence as serious incident and constituted a Committee of Inquiry to carry out an investigation into the matter.
"An undershoot landing incident to Boeing 737-800 aircraft VT-AXE of Air India Charters Limited occurred on August 14, 2012 at Mangalore airport while operating flight IX-814 on Dubai-Mangalore sector. The flight number, air route and runway used for landing were same as the Mangalore crash which occurred in 2010," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress