Air India unveils mobile check-in facility
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
National carrier Air India has introduced Mobile Check-In facility that will allow travellers to perform basic check-in functions through web-enabled mobile phones.
The new facility, which will help in reducing queues at airports, will be available at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai,Kolkata, Hyderabad and Bangalore on domestic travel, the airline said in a statement.
The facility will later be extended to other places and international flights, it added.
Under the facility, passengers can use their mobile phone to check-in, obtain preferred seat and complete the other formalities before boarding a plane.
The passenger using the facility will get an electronically generated 2D bar code on his mobile, which will contain required details passenger's name, date and flight number, boarding time and gate number, seat number, class of journey etc.
The traveller, the airline said, will not have to wait to get his boarding pass, but his confirmation of check-in will enable the same.
Mobile Check-In will be in addition to other facilities like Tele Check-In, Web Check-in, Self Check-In through kiosks.