Air India win Obaidullah Cup
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
Last year's runners-up Air India (AI) lifted the International Obaidullah Khan Gold Cup hockey tournament title by defeating holders Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) 4-3 in the final. For Air India, Shivendra Singh and captain Arjun Halappa scored two goals each.
AI attacked from the start, and led 2-1 at the half time. Olympian Shivendra scored in the seventh minute before Halappa doubled the lead for AI in the 24th minute. Four minutes later, Gurjinder Singh reduced the margin for IOC scoring from a penalty corner.
But after the breather Shivendra scored from a penalty corner before Gurjinder converted another set piece to make the scoreline 2-3. In the 59th minute, Halappa scored his second to make the scoreline 4-2 in favour of AI.
Even though Gurjinder completed his hat-trick in the 64th minute, it was not enough for IOC.
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’