Air Vice-Marshal Gill next NDA Commandant
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Air Vice-Marshal K S Gill is likely to take over as Commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla from Lt Gen Ashok Singh on January 1, reliable sources said.
Gill's appointment will thus begin the tenure of an IAF officer as the NDA Commandant, a post equivalent in rank to to Lt General.
The Army's tenure of holding the office of the NDA Commandant was supposed to end after retirement of former commandant Lt Gen Jatinder Singh in October.
However given Lt Gen Jatinder Singh's early exit due to the alleged recruitment scam that is now being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the Army term stretched a further two months, and will come to an end on December 31.
The Academy spokesperson declined to comment on the development, but sources have confirmed that Gill, will indeed assume charge as the NDA Commandant.
Sources said Gill, who is a helicopter pilot, was Senior Officer-in-Charge Administration, Eastern Air Command.