Airline transaction fee on passengers banned by Supreme Court
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
The apex court, however, turned down the plea saying, "We cannot shut our eyes that circular is being violated and DGCA is not able to enforce it."
"We are with you except on transaction fee. It has been decided by the regulator and violation of circular cannot be permitted," the bench said.
The court rapped the DGCA for not being able to enforce its rules, saying the regulator was not concerned about the passengers.
"Don't take it casually. Why do you create embarrassment for yourself. Don't issue any circular which you cannot enforce," the bench told DGCA.
"There is lack of transparency as far as passengers are concerned and poor passengers do not know what is happening," the bench remarked over the transaction fee being levied by the airlines.
Stocks More on SpiceJet
Company INFO More on Jet Airways