AIR's FM Gold to be relaunched tomorrow
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
All India Radio's popular FM Gold channel is all set for relaunch tomorrow with a revised programming schedule, official sources said today.
The channel is being relaunched on November 12 which is observed as Public Service Broadcasting Day in India.
With the relaunch there will be certain changes in the duration and timings of broadcasts on FM Gold. The English news bulletin of 30 minutes duration at 2 pm will now be curtailed to 15 minutes and another bulletin of 15 minutes of Hindi news would follow.
In addition there will be two new bulletins of 5 minutes duration each.
A new news bulletin in Hindi will be introduced from 12.05 pm to 12.10 while there would be an English bulletin from 3 pm to 3.05 pm.
The 'Sports Scan' programme which is broadcast at 8 pm will now be a 15-minute programme that will be broadcast from 8.30 pm to 8.45 pm in place of 'World News', the officials said.
Another change will be discontinuance of 'Human Face' programme, presently being broadcast from 1.45 pm to 2 pm on Sundays.
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?