Airtel pre-paid users can access Facebook in 9 local languages
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says poverty is a 'tourist destination' for Rahul
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Bharti Airtel will offer free access to social networking site Facebook in nine regional Indian languages to its prepaid customers across the country for a limited period, the company said today.
"...it will offer free Facebook access in 9 regional Indian languages to its prepaid customers across India," Bharti Airtel said in a statement.
The company said its customers who are Facebook users on the mobile (browser or app) will be able to access Facebook in Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
"A limited period offer, Airtel will allow customers to access Facebook free of cost with a cap of 30 MB/ month to add joy to the festivities," the statement added.
The company said the interface is compatible with feature, Java, Android, iPhone & Windows devices alike.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota