Aishwarya Dhanush not prepared to work with father Rajinikanth
- India withdraws visa issued to Uyghur leader Dolkun Isa after Chinese protests
- Pakistan FS to visit India for Heart of Asia meeting; scope for bilateral talks
- Parliament LIVE: Uttarakhand crisis due to Cong's internal problem, says Rajnath in LS
- Chief Justice makes impassioned plea to Modi govt: Need you to act, don’t just criticise
- LIVE: 22.63 pc polling till 9 am in fourth phase of WB elections
Aishwarya Dhanush, who made her directorial debut with Tamil movie '3' this year, says her one-film experience is not enough to work with her superstar father Rajinikanth.
The 30-year-old said just because she is Rajinikanth'sdaughter does not necessarily mean the actor will work with her.
"I might be his daughter but in profession he is an actor and he should be convinced with the work. Moreover, I am not ready to work with him yet, I am just one film old. Just because he is sitting at home or has dates free does not mean he will work with me," Aishwarya told PTI on the sidelines of the ongoing IFFI here.
The filmmaker shot to fame as she appeared in the video of the song 'Kolaveri di', sung by her actor husband Dhanush, which went viral on the net.
After the release of '3' in March 2012, Aishwarya says she is not working on any project yet and is taking things slow.
"The good part about the profession is we have the liberty to wait. I am not rushing into anything yet. I want to be convinced with my work and unless that happens I can't make a movie," she said.
On her husband making his Bollywood debut with 'Raanjhnaa', Aishwarya said, "I am very happy for him. He is a talented actor and deserves the best. I visited him on the sets in Delhi."
The newbie director also said she would love to make a Hindi film when the right opportunity comes.
"The problem in South is we don't have access to much of Hindi cinema. When I made '3' I wanted to release it in Hindi but didn't get distributors. I would love to work on a Hindi film if I get the right opportunity."
Aishwarya might not be ready to work with her father yet, but her younger sister Soundarya is already working on an ambitious animation project "Sultan - The Warrior" starring Rajinikanth.
- Relieve the president of the thankless task of putting his signature to the proclamation
- Is Handwara the beginning of another scorching summer of discontent in the Valley?
- Maharashtra has not spent less on irrigation. The real problem is its high cost
- Kipling’s Burma and Myanmar’s Kipling
- Next Door Nepal -- China is welcome, India is not
- This govt has men, women ready to shoot to kill even without orders