Aishwarya Dhanush not prepared to work with father Rajinikanth
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
Aishwarya Dhanush, who made her directorial debut with Tamil movie '3' this year, says her one-film experience is not enough to work with her superstar father Rajinikanth.
The 30-year-old said just because she is Rajinikanth'sdaughter does not necessarily mean the actor will work with her.
"I might be his daughter but in profession he is an actor and he should be convinced with the work. Moreover, I am not ready to work with him yet, I am just one film old. Just because he is sitting at home or has dates free does not mean he will work with me," Aishwarya told PTI on the sidelines of the ongoing IFFI here.
The filmmaker shot to fame as she appeared in the video of the song 'Kolaveri di', sung by her actor husband Dhanush, which went viral on the net.
After the release of '3' in March 2012, Aishwarya says she is not working on any project yet and is taking things slow.
"The good part about the profession is we have the liberty to wait. I am not rushing into anything yet. I want to be convinced with my work and unless that happens I can't make a movie," she said.
On her husband making his Bollywood debut with 'Raanjhnaa', Aishwarya said, "I am very happy for him. He is a talented actor and deserves the best. I visited him on the sets in Delhi."
The newbie director also said she would love to make a Hindi film when the right opportunity comes.
"The problem in South is we don't have access to much of Hindi cinema. When I made '3' I wanted to release it in Hindi but didn't get distributors. I would love to work on a Hindi film if I get the right opportunity."
Aishwarya might not be ready to work with her father yet, but her younger sister Soundarya is already working on an ambitious animation project "Sultan - The Warrior" starring Rajinikanth.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might