Aishwarya had normal delivery, says Amitabh
- In aftermath of fidayeen attack, here are PM Narendra Modi’s Uri choices
- Srinagar: All flights suspended after MiG 21 overshoots runway, pilot safe
- India plan to corner Pak: Sushma’s speech at UN, rallying global support
- Uri attack: Avoid rash military action, commanders advise Government
- Supreme Court junks PIL demanding alternative to collegium system
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, who gave birth to a baby girl, had a normal delivery.
"...and emphasizing the commendable desire of Aishwarya in having a normal delivery without any epidural or pain killers. The often coined phrase 'too posh to push' was put to rest in her case... she was determined to do it the way she felt was correct! (sic)," Bachchan wrote on twitter.
There were reports in the media that Aishwarya had undergone a caesarean.
Big B's tweet comes as a clarification to one of his followers about Ash's delivery.
"@ @__alka.. the media had already written about it and some did not know facts and printed wrong -- said she had c-section... so clarified it," Bachchan said.
Aishwarya and Abhishek became proud parents of a baby girl on Wednesday after the actress delivered at the Seven Hills Hospital in suburban Andheri.
- The Uri challenge: Repair structures to reduce vulnerability, provide deterrence
- India must distinguish between the Pakistani military and its political leadership
- Delhi government can learn a lot about education from its minister’s Finland tour
- The unimportance of Shahabuddin
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Uri choice
- Only 27 per cent of villages in India have a bank within a five km radius