Aishwarya had normal delivery, says Amitabh
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, who gave birth to a baby girl, had a normal delivery.
"...and emphasizing the commendable desire of Aishwarya in having a normal delivery without any epidural or pain killers. The often coined phrase 'too posh to push' was put to rest in her case... she was determined to do it the way she felt was correct! (sic)," Bachchan wrote on twitter.
There were reports in the media that Aishwarya had undergone a caesarean.
Big B's tweet comes as a clarification to one of his followers about Ash's delivery.
"@ @__alka.. the media had already written about it and some did not know facts and printed wrong -- said she had c-section... so clarified it," Bachchan said.
Aishwarya and Abhishek became proud parents of a baby girl on Wednesday after the actress delivered at the Seven Hills Hospital in suburban Andheri.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms