Aishwarya had normal delivery, says Amitabh
- Congolese youth murder: Sushma steps in, says govt committed to safety of African nationals
- Bihar: Five arrested in murder case of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan
- LIVE: Pinarayi Vijayan all set to be sworn-in as Kerala chief minister
- Govt clearances faster but lack of promoter interest stalls projects
- Demand-driven boost to economy rides on rains, rural income, pay panel award
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, who gave birth to a baby girl, had a normal delivery.
"...and emphasizing the commendable desire of Aishwarya in having a normal delivery without any epidural or pain killers. The often coined phrase 'too posh to push' was put to rest in her case... she was determined to do it the way she felt was correct! (sic)," Bachchan wrote on twitter.
There were reports in the media that Aishwarya had undergone a caesarean.
Big B's tweet comes as a clarification to one of his followers about Ash's delivery.
"@ @__alka.. the media had already written about it and some did not know facts and printed wrong -- said she had c-section... so clarified it," Bachchan said.
Aishwarya and Abhishek became proud parents of a baby girl on Wednesday after the actress delivered at the Seven Hills Hospital in suburban Andheri.
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism