Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to star in Himesh Reshammiya's next
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Himesh Reshammiya has been awfully low-profile these days. Quietly we hear he has negotiated for the remake rights of Shekhar Kapur's 1983 classic Masoom which starred Naseeruddin Shah and Shabana Azmi as a couple grappling with the reality of an illegitimate son in the husband's life.
The tear-jerker had melted hearts across the nation immediately establishing Shekhar Kapur as a formidable filmmaking force.
Now 30 years later, Himesh Reshammiya has bought the remake rights of Masoom from the original producers Chanda Dutt and Devi Dutt. The remake would be directed by Bedobrata Pain, whose historical drama Chittagong last year received lavish critical acclaim.
What's more, Himesh has zeroed in on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan to play the two roles immortalized by Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah.
According to a very reliable source, Abhishek and Aishwarya have agreed in principle to be in Himesh's remake. "Now, the details are being worked out," says the source.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express