Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to star in Himesh Reshammiya's next
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Himesh Reshammiya has been awfully low-profile these days. Quietly we hear he has negotiated for the remake rights of Shekhar Kapur's 1983 classic Masoom which starred Naseeruddin Shah and Shabana Azmi as a couple grappling with the reality of an illegitimate son in the husband's life.
The tear-jerker had melted hearts across the nation immediately establishing Shekhar Kapur as a formidable filmmaking force.
Now 30 years later, Himesh Reshammiya has bought the remake rights of Masoom from the original producers Chanda Dutt and Devi Dutt. The remake would be directed by Bedobrata Pain, whose historical drama Chittagong last year received lavish critical acclaim.
What's more, Himesh has zeroed in on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan to play the two roles immortalized by Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah.
According to a very reliable source, Abhishek and Aishwarya have agreed in principle to be in Himesh's remake. "Now, the details are being worked out," says the source.