Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan to star in Himesh Reshammiya's next
- Elections LIVE: Muthalik shown the door by BJP hours after his appointment
- France has images of possible jet debris: Malaysia
- Sharad Pawar encourages party workers to vote twice in Lok Sabha polls
- Thane shocker: 24-year-old woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
- India vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: India remove Dwayne Smith, Chris Gayle in a hurry
Himesh Reshammiya has been awfully low-profile these days. Quietly we hear he has negotiated for the remake rights of Shekhar Kapur's 1983 classic Masoom which starred Naseeruddin Shah and Shabana Azmi as a couple grappling with the reality of an illegitimate son in the husband's life.
The tear-jerker had melted hearts across the nation immediately establishing Shekhar Kapur as a formidable filmmaking force.
Now 30 years later, Himesh Reshammiya has bought the remake rights of Masoom from the original producers Chanda Dutt and Devi Dutt. The remake would be directed by Bedobrata Pain, whose historical drama Chittagong last year received lavish critical acclaim.
What's more, Himesh has zeroed in on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan to play the two roles immortalized by Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah.
According to a very reliable source, Abhishek and Aishwarya have agreed in principle to be in Himesh's remake. "Now, the details are being worked out," says the source.
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism