Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's daughter grabs attention at award ceremony
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan accepted a French honour at a ceremony here but it was her year-old daughter Aaradhya who grabbed attention as she kept crying constantly.
Aishwarya's entire family including husband Abhishek, father-in-law Amitabh and her parents were all present as the 39-year-old actress was conferred with the honour of 'Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters' (Chevalier dans l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres), the second highest civilian French honour.
The event took place at Sofitel hotel in Bandra Kurla Complex last evening and was supposed to start at 7.30 pm but began at 9 pm instead.
Doting mother Aishwarya held Aaradhya in her arms when she entered the hall where the event was scheduled to happen.
As she went on stage to receive the award, Aaradhya kept crying constantly and it was father Abhishek who carried her outside.
"It gets overwhelming for babies. That is why we get protective (about children). We would love to share our personal moments with all of you but we tend to take care of our babies," Aishwarya said.
The actress got a little emotional and said, "I am realising what it takes to be a mother. Thank you for giving me such an undefinable experience of being a mother. It surpasses everything."
Aaradhya, born November 2011, has been clicked by shutterbugs on a few occasions - - when Aishwarya went abroad for a work related commitment, when she travelled to Chicago and the most recent being at grandfather Amitabh Bachchan's 70th birthday bash on October 10 in Mumbai.
Amitabh Bachchan takes pride in Aishwarya's French honour
Amitabh Bachchan is one proud father-in-law after his 'bahu' Aishwarya Rai has been conferred with the second highest civilian French honour.
The actress was given the Order of Arts and Letters' medal by the French government at a ceremony last night coinciding with her birthday.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun