Aishwarya Rai, daughter Aaradhya Bachchan at Cannes today
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai will arrive with her daughter Aaradhya Bachchan at the ongoing 66th Cannes Film Festival today (May 17).
Aishwarya Rai's father-in-law and megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who threw open the prestigious Cannes festival on May 15, said he is waiting for his bahurani and bitiya them to arrive at the festival.
"Media tomorrow, and then wait for the bahurani to arrive with bitiya, meet them and get on plane back to London and then home!!," he posted on Twitter.
Aishwarya Rai was spotted leaving for Cannes with her daughter Aaradhya and mother Brinda Rai.
Aishwarya is the guest of honour at a special evening celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema on Sunday (May 19) and will then walk the red carpet on May 20.
Aishwarya Rai has been a regular at the Cannes film festival since 2002. This is her 12th appearance at the prestigious film festival. She made her first appearance at the Cannes for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas.
Aishwarya's dresses at the Cannes have always been under the scanner and reports suggest that the former Miss World could opt for a sari this year.
Not concerned about the fashion critics, a bold Aishwarya Rai showed off her plus size figure in a blue Elie Saab last year.
This year, Vidya Balan, Sonam Kapoor, Freida Pinto and Mallika Sherawat have wowed the audience with their ethnic dresses.
Now all eyes will be on Aishwarya Rai as the Cannes veteran returns to the red carpet.