Aishwarya Rai, daughter Aaradhya Bachchan at Cannes today
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai will arrive with her daughter Aaradhya Bachchan at the ongoing 66th Cannes Film Festival today (May 17).
Aishwarya Rai's father-in-law and megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who threw open the prestigious Cannes festival on May 15, said he is waiting for his bahurani and bitiya them to arrive at the festival.
"Media tomorrow, and then wait for the bahurani to arrive with bitiya, meet them and get on plane back to London and then home!!," he posted on Twitter.
Aishwarya Rai was spotted leaving for Cannes with her daughter Aaradhya and mother Brinda Rai.
Aishwarya is the guest of honour at a special evening celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema on Sunday (May 19) and will then walk the red carpet on May 20.
Aishwarya Rai has been a regular at the Cannes film festival since 2002. This is her 12th appearance at the prestigious film festival. She made her first appearance at the Cannes for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas.
Aishwarya's dresses at the Cannes have always been under the scanner and reports suggest that the former Miss World could opt for a sari this year.
Not concerned about the fashion critics, a bold Aishwarya Rai showed off her plus size figure in a blue Elie Saab last year.
This year, Vidya Balan, Sonam Kapoor, Freida Pinto and Mallika Sherawat have wowed the audience with their ethnic dresses.
Now all eyes will be on Aishwarya Rai as the Cannes veteran returns to the red carpet.