Aishwarya Rai gets embroiled in race row
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Fashion bible Elle magazine has been caught in a race row after reportedly whitening the skin of Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on its cover.
Readers reacted with anger after it was suggested that the fashion magazine might have digitally 'bleached' the complexion of the former Miss World.
The 37-year-old, who has also starred in Bride & Prejudice and The Pink Panther 2, appears on the cover of this month's Indian edition of the magazine.
However, her skin appears to be several shades lighter than her normal colour.
Inside the magazine, she is again pictured in a series of shots, all showing her with pale skin, reports the Daily Mail.
Fans have been posting angry comments online about the latest cover, with one saying: "It's annoying because it seems like lighter skin is always in fashion as if darker skin is something to be frowned upon."