Aishwarya Rai gets embroiled in race row
- G4 summit: PM Modi calls for UNSC reforms within fixed time frame
- Rajnath Singh snubs RK Singh after party MP alleges corruption in Bihar ticket distribution
- CBI officials raid Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh's residence; BJP demands his resignation
- Narendra Modi’s Silicon Valley swing: Who is wooing who?
- Delhi L-G Jung to be replaced? Kejriwal says won't help, unless PMO stops interfering
Fashion bible Elle magazine has been caught in a race row after reportedly whitening the skin of Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on its cover.
Readers reacted with anger after it was suggested that the fashion magazine might have digitally 'bleached' the complexion of the former Miss World.
The 37-year-old, who has also starred in Bride & Prejudice and The Pink Panther 2, appears on the cover of this month's Indian edition of the magazine.
However, her skin appears to be several shades lighter than her normal colour.
Inside the magazine, she is again pictured in a series of shots, all showing her with pale skin, reports the Daily Mail.