AISSMS colleges, Iowa varsities ink 10 MoUs
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
As many as 10 MoUs were signed between Iowa universities and All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) colleges on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day Indo-US Education Colloquium 2013 organised by AISSMS in collaboration with Alliance for US India Business(AUSIB).
A delegation of 18 US representatives from US, comprising renowned academicians and corporates, explored opportunities for various bilateral collaborations with Indian counterparts at the colloquium. "The objective of the colloquium is to strengthen collaborative activity and build partnership between Indian and American institutions for higher education," said Shivaji Mahadkar, honorary secretary, AISSMS.
Former chairman of UGC Dr Arun Nigvekar enumerated on the policy initiatives related to expanding Indo-US ties in professional education and business. SB Mujumdar, president, Symbiosis, PD Patil, vice-chancellor, Dr DY Patil University, Craig A Lang, leader of the US delegates, Sanjay Puri, president and CEO, AUSIB, were also present.
Iowa State University, University of Iowa, University of North Iowa and Kirkwood Community College, Iowa signed the MoUs with AISSMS colleges.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy