AISSMS colleges, Iowa varsities ink 10 MoUs
- 'For 9 months, you have been sitting over names': SC raps Centre on appointment of judges
- Tata Group said to shortlist candidates for next chairman following ouster of Cyrus Mistry
- PM Modi to visit Japan in November, civil nuclear pact high on agenda
- J&K: After nearly 4 hours, Pakistan resumes mortar shelling in R S Pura sector
- Wanted to hit LeT camps in Pakistan after 26/11 strike: Shivshankar Menon
As many as 10 MoUs were signed between Iowa universities and All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) colleges on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day Indo-US Education Colloquium 2013 organised by AISSMS in collaboration with Alliance for US India Business(AUSIB).
A delegation of 18 US representatives from US, comprising renowned academicians and corporates, explored opportunities for various bilateral collaborations with Indian counterparts at the colloquium. "The objective of the colloquium is to strengthen collaborative activity and build partnership between Indian and American institutions for higher education," said Shivaji Mahadkar, honorary secretary, AISSMS.
Former chairman of UGC Dr Arun Nigvekar enumerated on the policy initiatives related to expanding Indo-US ties in professional education and business. SB Mujumdar, president, Symbiosis, PD Patil, vice-chancellor, Dr DY Patil University, Craig A Lang, leader of the US delegates, Sanjay Puri, president and CEO, AUSIB, were also present.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor