AISSMS colleges, Iowa varsities ink 10 MoUs
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal on dharna against attack on Bharti; Modi to file nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
As many as 10 MoUs were signed between Iowa universities and All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) colleges on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day Indo-US Education Colloquium 2013 organised by AISSMS in collaboration with Alliance for US India Business(AUSIB).
A delegation of 18 US representatives from US, comprising renowned academicians and corporates, explored opportunities for various bilateral collaborations with Indian counterparts at the colloquium. "The objective of the colloquium is to strengthen collaborative activity and build partnership between Indian and American institutions for higher education," said Shivaji Mahadkar, honorary secretary, AISSMS.
Former chairman of UGC Dr Arun Nigvekar enumerated on the policy initiatives related to expanding Indo-US ties in professional education and business. SB Mujumdar, president, Symbiosis, PD Patil, vice-chancellor, Dr DY Patil University, Craig A Lang, leader of the US delegates, Sanjay Puri, president and CEO, AUSIB, were also present.
Iowa State University, University of Iowa, University of North Iowa and Kirkwood Community College, Iowa signed the MoUs with AISSMS colleges.
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building