AISSMS colleges, Iowa varsities ink 10 MoUs
- A life full of tension is bad, spend quality time with family: PM Modi to bureaucrats
- IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maharashtra govt tells High Court
- Dharamvira Gandhi removed as Parliamentary party leader of AAP
- Video: Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
As many as 10 MoUs were signed between Iowa universities and All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) colleges on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day Indo-US Education Colloquium 2013 organised by AISSMS in collaboration with Alliance for US India Business(AUSIB).
A delegation of 18 US representatives from US, comprising renowned academicians and corporates, explored opportunities for various bilateral collaborations with Indian counterparts at the colloquium. "The objective of the colloquium is to strengthen collaborative activity and build partnership between Indian and American institutions for higher education," said Shivaji Mahadkar, honorary secretary, AISSMS.
Former chairman of UGC Dr Arun Nigvekar enumerated on the policy initiatives related to expanding Indo-US ties in professional education and business. SB Mujumdar, president, Symbiosis, PD Patil, vice-chancellor, Dr DY Patil University, Craig A Lang, leader of the US delegates, Sanjay Puri, president and CEO, AUSIB, were also present.
Iowa State University, University of Iowa, University of North Iowa and Kirkwood Community College, Iowa signed the MoUs with AISSMS colleges.