AISSMS colleges, Iowa varsities ink 10 MoUs
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
As many as 10 MoUs were signed between Iowa universities and All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) colleges on Tuesday, the first day of the two-day Indo-US Education Colloquium 2013 organised by AISSMS in collaboration with Alliance for US India Business(AUSIB).
A delegation of 18 US representatives from US, comprising renowned academicians and corporates, explored opportunities for various bilateral collaborations with Indian counterparts at the colloquium. "The objective of the colloquium is to strengthen collaborative activity and build partnership between Indian and American institutions for higher education," said Shivaji Mahadkar, honorary secretary, AISSMS.
Former chairman of UGC Dr Arun Nigvekar enumerated on the policy initiatives related to expanding Indo-US ties in professional education and business. SB Mujumdar, president, Symbiosis, PD Patil, vice-chancellor, Dr DY Patil University, Craig A Lang, leader of the US delegates, Sanjay Puri, president and CEO, AUSIB, were also present.