AITA Talent Series from Feb 11
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
CHANDIGARH: Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association will organise the CLTA-AITA Talent Series Tennis Tournament for boys and girls' u-12 & -16 from February 11 to 15. The qualifying matches for this event would be held on February 9 and 10. Players from different states have come to participate in the tournament. As many as 170 players have signed-in for the event. Meanwhile wild cards for the main draw have been given to the following players:
Boys: U-12: Pranava Chopra, Samarth Suri, Shrenik Bhalla, Sashikant; Boys: U-16: Eklavya Singh, Rohit Kumar, Krishna Rajput, Jagdeep Singh Bajwa; Girls: U-12: Prinkle Singh, Asmita Kaur, Princee Panchal, Priyanka Jhakar; Girls: U-16: Akshita Singh, Gayatri Kumarahia, Bunty Chongtham, Bhavya Sangri.
KXIP Green clinch title
mohali : Buoyed by an all-round performance from Jaskaran Singh (24 and 3 for 23), KXIP Green scored a three-wicket win over KXIP Blue to win the Kings XI Punjab Cup played at PCA Stadium on Friday. Batting first, KXIP Blue posted a total of 131 runs in 19.1 overs. Sidharth Chitnis played a fluent knock of 34 runs while Taruwar Kohli contributed 24 runs. For KXIP Green team, Bipul Sharma claimed three wickets for 13 runs while Jaskaran Singh also took three wickets for 23 runs. Jatinder Billa bagged two wickets for 32 runs. In reply, KXIP Green chased the target for the loss of seven wickets in 13.2 overs. Gurkeerat Mann played a superb knock of 50 runs while Jaskaran Singh contributed 24 runs. Sachin Sohal chipped in with 14 runs. For the losing team, Barinder Singh and Pardeep Sahu claimed two wickets each. Gurkeerat Mann of KXIP Green was adjudged as the Man of the Series.
Golf camp on anvil
Chandigarh : A two-day weekend golf coaching programme will be conducted at the Forest Hill Golf and Country Club on February 16 and 17. The programme will be conducted from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm. Golf basics about the swing, hitting, grip, aim, alignment, stance, posture and chipping will be taught during the camp. Interested players can contact Parvesh Kaushal at 09216036111 and Ajay Gujral at 09814356013.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express