AITA unethical, says Somdev
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Somdev Devvarman lambasted the AITA and called it "unprofessional" and "unethical" for snubbing the rebel group. The AITA ignored the eight revolting players, including Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, and named a second-string Davis Cup squad that will take on South Korea from February 1.
"The things that AITA have done last week have been unprofessional and unethical. Players are disappointed," Somdev said from Melbourne. "AITA have made a lot of claims and everything but the truth is we haven't got anything in writing. That is the thing players have asked for, we want that in writing because it would be foolish, given the history of AITA, to go into an agreement based on faith.
"Nothing came in writing. The last e-mail that we received was on January 6 and that had nothing that they said in the press release. It just goes to show what sort of federation they are," he added.
Somdev said the players have asked for just basic rights and want the AITA to deal with them professionally. "All that players are asking is keep us in light of what is being done. We raised a few concerns and we want to be dealt with professionally. We are asking for basic rights, unfortunately we are not able to communicate that properly to the selection committee or the AITA and it is disappointing," he said.
Somdev said if AITA would have given everything in writing, all the players would have happily played the Davis Cup tie. "If we had things in writing,100 per cent we would have played.," he said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'