Ajay addresses rally from inside Tihar jail
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A phone call from Tihar jail led INLD legislator Ajay Chautala address a rally in Sonepat's Baroda village on Wednesday evening.
Ajay had called his elder son Dushyant around 5.25 pm while he was addressing a public rally. Dushyant, after speaking to Ajay for a moment, put his phone on the Speaker mode and placed it near the microphone.
Ajay greeted the villagers and asked them about their crop. He also asked if it had rained, adding: "I am fine here. My father and your beloved leader is taking his medicines regularly and keeps asking me about your welfare daily. He has asked me to check if all of you are okay. I have got permission for only five minutes from jail authorities to make this phone call."
"Though Congress has hatched a conspiracy and sent me and my father to jail, but all of you should not feel disheartened, as we have faith in law and will soon be with you again. I miss you all. I again wish you all good luck and my best wishes," he further said.
After the phone call ended, Dushyant addressed the gathering for a few more minutes, asking them to stay united and wait for the right time when they all would be able to weed out the Congress government from Haryana.
Ajay, his father Om Prakash Chautala, party leader Sher Singh Badhshami and 53 others were convicted by a Special CBI court last month on charges of corruption in the JBT recruitment scam.