Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi's date with Patna
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Lavishing praise on Bihar, actors Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha today said their films have been hits because of the love of the people of the state.
"Bihar is the land of Buddha, Mahavir and Guru Gobind Singh ... the overwhelming love of the people of the state has made a number of my past films hits," said Devgan who played the lead role in Prakash Jha's 'Gangajal' and 'Apaharan'.
Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha, who starred in 'Dabaang' were here to promote their latest film 'Son of Sardar' slated for Diwali release.
Flanked by father Shatrughan Sinha, Sonakshi said, "Patna, the land of my father and grandfather has always been lucky for me.
"I had come to Patna before the release of Dabaang and it was a great hit on the box office. Now I have come on the eve of release of Son of Sardar and hope it will break records."
Shatrughan Sinha, a Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, thanked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and RJD President Lalu Prasad for their good wishes for the film and their blessings for Sonakshi Sinha.
Director of the film Pankaj Dheer said Son of Sardar was a family entertainer and would be liked by people of all age groups.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment