Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi's date with Patna
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
Lavishing praise on Bihar, actors Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha today said their films have been hits because of the love of the people of the state.
"Bihar is the land of Buddha, Mahavir and Guru Gobind Singh ... the overwhelming love of the people of the state has made a number of my past films hits," said Devgan who played the lead role in Prakash Jha's 'Gangajal' and 'Apaharan'.
Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha, who starred in 'Dabaang' were here to promote their latest film 'Son of Sardar' slated for Diwali release.
Flanked by father Shatrughan Sinha, Sonakshi said, "Patna, the land of my father and grandfather has always been lucky for me.
"I had come to Patna before the release of Dabaang and it was a great hit on the box office. Now I have come on the eve of release of Son of Sardar and hope it will break records."
Shatrughan Sinha, a Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, thanked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and RJD President Lalu Prasad for their good wishes for the film and their blessings for Sonakshi Sinha.
Director of the film Pankaj Dheer said Son of Sardar was a family entertainer and would be liked by people of all age groups.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation