Ajmal Kasab enters Mumbai on Wednesday, hanged on same day
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Wednesday appears to be a day of significance in the life of Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged today.
It was on a Wednesday that the Pakistani gunman had entered Mumbai along with his nine other Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists to carry out the deadly attack.
25-year-old Kasab, the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack, was hanged today -- a Wednesday -- at 7.30 am at Yerwada central jail in prison.
The rubber-inflated boat carrying Kasab and his nine accomplices had arrived at Kolivada colony in Colaba on the evening of November 26, 2008 from where they unleashed a wave of attacks during a 60-hour siege killing 166 people.
Kasab was arrested by Mumbai police at Marine Drive on the same night.
Cine star Anupam Kher, whose performance in 'A Wednesday' -- a movie dealing with the terrorism subject -- has been widely appreciated also saw tweets from his fans.
"What co-incidence, Ajmal Kasab hanged on Wednesday and your movie 'A Wednesday' dealing on the same topic!" said a Twitter post.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer