Ajmal Kasab hanged, his last wish was 'tell my Ammi...'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
'Tell my Ammi', this was the message conveyed by LeT terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged today for his involvement in Mumbai terror attack, when he was told about his November 21 execution, official sources said.
Nooree Lai, mother of Kasab, was apparently the closest person to him as he only uttered her name when asked about his last wish, the sources said.
After completion of the formalities, Home Secretary R K Singh wrote to Foreign Secretary Rajan Mathai to inform Kasab's mother and other family members who are in Pakistan.
Accordingly, the authorities, through the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, had sent a letter to his mother through courier yesterday, fulfilling his last desire, the sources said.
The 25-year-old LeT terrorist was hanged at 7.30 AM this morning in Yerwada Jail in Pune. He was informed on November 12 about his hanging, the sources said.
The Indian High Commission in Islamabad informed the Pakistan government about Kasab's hanging through letter. When Pakistan refused to take the letter, it was sent through fax.