Ajmal Kasab hanging: Better late than never, says BJP
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
BJP today welcomed the hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab but emphasised that his handlers across the border in Pakistan should also be brought to justice.
"Better late than never. Kasab's hanging will act as a balm on the wounds of the people of Mumbai but their wounds are still fresh. They will get relief only when Kasab's handler's across the border are brought to justice," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also demanded that Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru be hanged soon to send across a strong message to the terrorists and instill a sense of fear in them.
BJP also welcomed President Pranab Mukherjee's prompt refusal of Kasab's mercy petition.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Kasab's hanging will serve as a warning and a lesson to his bosses across the border.
"The country expects our government to send such strong message and give such punishment to those who have bloodied their hands with the death of hundreds of innocent people," Naqvi said.
This hanging sends a strong message to India's enemies, he added.