Ajmal Kasab hanging: Better late than never, says BJP
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
BJP today welcomed the hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab but emphasised that his handlers across the border in Pakistan should also be brought to justice.
"Better late than never. Kasab's hanging will act as a balm on the wounds of the people of Mumbai but their wounds are still fresh. They will get relief only when Kasab's handler's across the border are brought to justice," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also demanded that Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru be hanged soon to send across a strong message to the terrorists and instill a sense of fear in them.
BJP also welcomed President Pranab Mukherjee's prompt refusal of Kasab's mercy petition.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Kasab's hanging will serve as a warning and a lesson to his bosses across the border.
"The country expects our government to send such strong message and give such punishment to those who have bloodied their hands with the death of hundreds of innocent people," Naqvi said.
This hanging sends a strong message to India's enemies, he added.