Ajmal Kasab was 'C-7096'
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
Ajmal Kasab's identity remained 'C-7096' throughout his prison term and even when an official dossier was written for his hanging.
The movement and activities of Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday in a prison in Pune, was always kept very secretive and when official documents were moved regarding his hanging after the President rejected his mercy plea, he was identified by this number.
The number was tagged to Kasab by the authorities at the Arthur Road jail and sources said only top officials in the security establishment had access to files related to inmate number 'C-7096'.
Sources said when Kasab was moved from Mumbai to Yerwada jail in Pune the same number was used to communicate signals of his movement.