Ajmal Kasab was 'C-7096'
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Ajmal Kasab's identity remained 'C-7096' throughout his prison term and even when an official dossier was written for his hanging.
The movement and activities of Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday in a prison in Pune, was always kept very secretive and when official documents were moved regarding his hanging after the President rejected his mercy plea, he was identified by this number.
The number was tagged to Kasab by the authorities at the Arthur Road jail and sources said only top officials in the security establishment had access to files related to inmate number 'C-7096'.
Sources said when Kasab was moved from Mumbai to Yerwada jail in Pune the same number was used to communicate signals of his movement.