Ajmal Kasab was 'C-7096'
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Ajmal Kasab's identity remained 'C-7096' throughout his prison term and even when an official dossier was written for his hanging.
The movement and activities of Kasab, who was hanged on Wednesday in a prison in Pune, was always kept very secretive and when official documents were moved regarding his hanging after the President rejected his mercy plea, he was identified by this number.
The number was tagged to Kasab by the authorities at the Arthur Road jail and sources said only top officials in the security establishment had access to files related to inmate number 'C-7096'.
Sources said when Kasab was moved from Mumbai to Yerwada jail in Pune the same number was used to communicate signals of his movement.