Ajmal Kasab's hanging not among main headlines in Pak news channels
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Kasab execution covered prominently by official media in China
China's official media today widely covered the execution of Ajmal Kasab, identifying him as a "terrorist from Pakistan".
While the state television covered it as a breaking story, state-run Xinhua news agency and the websites of all official dailies carried the details of his execution at Pune jail and the burial of the body there.
In its report, Xinhua identified Kasab as a "terrorist from Pakistan" as well as carried Indian official's comments about how the due process of law was followed leading to the execution.
"At least 166 people were killed when 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists from Pakistan went on the rampage in Mumbai. Kasab was the sole gunman captured alive", the Xinhua report said.
China, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, earlier had reservations in backing India and the US call for a UN sanctions on LeT on the ground that the information provided by New Delhi was not adequate for proscription as the case against it mostly depended on confessional statements.
However the UN Security Council has added LeT in the list of proscribed organisations after the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
25-year old Kasab was hanged at 7.30 am in the Yerawada central prison in Pune.