Ajmal Kasab's hanging not among main headlines in Pak news channels
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Kasab execution covered prominently by official media in China
China's official media today widely covered the execution of Ajmal Kasab, identifying him as a "terrorist from Pakistan".
While the state television covered it as a breaking story, state-run Xinhua news agency and the websites of all official dailies carried the details of his execution at Pune jail and the burial of the body there.
In its report, Xinhua identified Kasab as a "terrorist from Pakistan" as well as carried Indian official's comments about how the due process of law was followed leading to the execution.
"At least 166 people were killed when 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists from Pakistan went on the rampage in Mumbai. Kasab was the sole gunman captured alive", the Xinhua report said.
China, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, earlier had reservations in backing India and the US call for a UN sanctions on LeT on the ground that the information provided by New Delhi was not adequate for proscription as the case against it mostly depended on confessional statements.
However the UN Security Council has added LeT in the list of proscribed organisations after the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance