Akal Takht honours Indira assassins’ kin
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Akal Takht chief Giani Gurbachan Singh Sunday honoured relatives of Satwant Singh and Kehar Singh, the assassins of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, at Golden Temple on the occasion of their 24th death anniversary. Twenty-four years ago the duo was hanged to death for assassinating Gandhi. Akal Takht chief presented a siropa (robe of honour) to Satwant Singh's father Tirlok Singh at a function. "They sacrificed their lives to avenge the sacrilege of Darbar Sahib and Akal Takht. Sikhs feel proud of them and have full respect for their martyrdom," Dal Khalsa leader Kanwar Pal Singh said.