Akali leader’s son shoots at student, held
- BJP cancels Sabir Ali's membership after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
- I am proud of my 'RSS roots' says Modi, slams Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi goes ahead with Saharanpur rally, chides Imran Masood's comments
- Narendra Modi and Kejriwal locked in a war over books in Varanasi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
In what may put ruling Shiromani Akali Dal, which has been under fire following the murder of ASI Ravinderpal Singh by its general secretary Ranjit Singh Rana in Amritsar recently, in quite an awkward position in the ongoing assembly session, son of a SAD secretary was arrested by Patiala police on Tuesday in an attempt to murder case after shots allegedly fired by him in busy Bhadson market on Tuesday injured one Harful Pathak, a student of RIMT Institutes in Gobindgarh.
Eighteen-year old Hardeep Singh Bhangu, son of SAD district secretary Jarnail Singh Bhangu, was arrested after he along with one of his friends Ankit — Both students of 10+2 at KK School located on Sirhind Road in Patiala — were booked under Section 307 IPC (attempt to murder) and under sections of Arms Act.
Patiala Senior Superintendent of Police Gurpreet Singh Gill said Ankit was yet to be arrested and added that their was "no political angle". Hardeep fired shots as he was upset over Harful "staring at him". "It was purely a dispute between the students," he added.
Gill said police would recommend that Arms License of Hardeep's father be cancelled and that law would take its course as per laid down norms.
Hardeep and Ankit, who police said were travelling in a car, allegedly opened fire causing injuries on left arm and left thigh of Harful, who was rushed to Rajindra hospital in Patiala, before being referred to PGI Chandigarh.
A doctor at Rajindra hospital said Harful was referred to PGI after "medial nerve damage in arm caused by bullet injury was diagnosed". The doctor added that Harful had also sustained "some injury" in the thigh. He told that Harful checked in the hospital at about 2:45 pm.
Bhadson SHO said both Hardeep and Harful lived in nearby localities and had some "ego clash that led to the incident".
- Sabir says he will file defamation case against Naqvi
- Chandy need not quit in view of HC order: Antony
- Anti-Navneet Kaur Rana campaign; NCP expels ex-MLA's hubby
- SP criticises BJP over 'Ya Modi Sarvbhuteshu' poster
- Sabir Ali's inclusion in BJP was not a right step: Ramdev
- Minorities “apprehensive” about Modi becoming PM: BJP leader