Akhilesh govt approves Rs 100 cr for diagnostics
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In order to strengthen diagnostic facilities at district-level hospitals, the state Health Department is planning to invest in diagnosis machines like digital X-ray and colour dopplers for each district headquarters. The state government has approved a budget of Rs 100 crore for these machines.
"There is a serious necessity of diagnostic machine for health facilities and the state government is focusing on making the latest machines available at the district headquarters," said Sanjay Agarwal, Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare.
Seeing the crunch of radiologists in the state, the department is also planning to connect the digital x-ray machines to each other through cloud computing technology. The idea behind connecting digital x-rays with each other and a hub, said Agarwal, is that a single radiologist can look after various centre's x-ray reports sitting at one place.
He said that a pilot project is being started at Lucknow with the technology, wherein one digital x ray machine will be installed at remote centers in all four tehsil of the district, and connected to each other. The radiologist appointed at the district headquarter will handle all the remote centers. If successful, the same software will be used to connect all the digital x ray machines across the state.
Apart from 54 digital x-ray machines which cost around Rs 1.25 crore each, the department will purchase 118 colour dopplers, which are used for ultrasonography, and 33 C-arm x ray machines, used for imaging of x rays. The C – arms will be installed at district hospitals where facilities for orthopaedic surgery are available, said Agarwal.
The budget has already been sanctioned by the state government and the machines will be purchased in the present fiscal year.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid