Akhilesh Yadav pulls up partymen for 'misuse' of party flags
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Giving a strict message to partymen to be disciplined, Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said he was getting complaints from various quarters regarding "misuse" of party flags that are being used in cars and the practice should immediately be checked.
"I am getting complaints from various quarters that party flags are being misused. The practice should be checked immediately...", Yadav said while addressing a gathering on the occasion of third death anniversary of party leader Jyaneshwar Mishra here.
About Mishra, Singh said the scheme launched in his name would change the face of 1,000 villages in the state besides developing a park in the state capital.
"Some people wanted to claim on the park to be named after Jyaneshwar Mishra but we have give proof in the court regarding this...This park would be a big one and a tribute to the SP leader," he said.
Regarding party's 2014 preparations, Yadav said partymen would have to gear up, otherwise they would lag behind others.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in his address attributed son Akhilesh's entry into the politics to Mishra and said, "It was Mishra, who proposed Akhilesh's name from Kannauj seat, which was vacated by me after winning from Sambhal too."
Yadav said it was the dream of Mishra to see party performing decisive role at the Centre and partymen should try to fulfill his dream.
- Rohit Shekhar biological son of N D Tiwari: HC
- Shazia Ilmi courts controversy, says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
- Alliance led by Sena, BJP will win 35 seats in Maharashtra, says Munde
- Black money: SC raps govt for not sharing info from Germany
- Delhi confidential: Power play
- Advisory unchanged, India to continue screening Haj pilgrims